Provides a controller and interface for an HD or 4K display device as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Supports 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR video signals. Connects to the DM 8G+® output of a DM® Switcher or Transmitter via a single CATx cable. Includes IR, RS-232, and Ethernet control ports.
The DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C provides a simple one-box interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® receiver and control interface, providing a single HDMI® output along with Ethernet, RS-232, and IR control ports. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, which allows it to be connected directly to an HDBaseT certified source. Its compact, low-profile design allows the DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C to be installed discreetly behind a flat panel display or above a ceiling mounted projector. It connects to the head end or source location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable.
4K60 4:4:4 & HDR Support
Crestron DigitalMedia (DM®) was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM “4KZ” endpoints and cards enable new and existing DM systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing DM 4KZ based cards, transmitters, and receivers. The DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C is designed to replace an existing DM-RMC-4K-100-C receiver without requiring any extra configuration or programming.
DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® receiver and display controller
- Connects to a DM® switcher or transmitter over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- HDBaseT® compatible - enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides one HDMI® or DVI display output
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4
- Handles HDR (high dynamic range) video (HDR10)
- Handles 3D video and deep color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230ft (70m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable or 165ft (50m) using CAT5e
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232 and Ethernet
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet extenders
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface mount design
- Powered via the DM connection or local power pack (included)