29 of World's Most Innovative University Campus Installations to Compete for Over $185,000 in AMX Equipment
RICHARDSON, Texas – May 22, 2014 – Today, AMX® shared the Global Education Alliance's list of competing finalists for the 2014 AMX Innovation Awards at UBTech. This was a record submission year for the Innovation Awards program with entries from seven different countries and so many strong contenders that the Global Education Alliance expanded its list of finalists to 29 universities, more than any prior Innovation Awards year. In addition, a new award for 2014, the People's Choice Award, was also added.
The Innovation Awards is an exclusive global program designed to recognize higher education institutions for their innovative use of technology to enhance the way faculty teach and students learn; reduce service and support costs; and facilitate collaboration and increase energy efficiency. Finalists were selected and winners will be chosen from each of the following categories:
- Classroom Automation – Recognizes institutions with the most innovative use of automation and control systems being used in classrooms.
- Collaboration – Recognizes the most innovative collaboration practices in higher education.
- Alternative Learning Spaces – Recognizes the most innovative technology implementation in a non-traditional learning space.
- Simulation or Medical Learning Space – Recognizes universities for the most innovative use of automation and control systems in collaborative simulation environments.
- Sustainability Initiative – Recognizes schools for the most innovative and cost-effective, sustainable practice in higher education.
Universities from across the globe submitted entries to the 2014 Innovation Awards. The submissions were reviewed by a judging panel made up of the University Business Leadership Institute, as well as media and AV industry experts. The Global Education Alliance is pleased to announce that the following universities have been selected as finalists in the AMX Innovation Awards at UBTech 2014. Each will be awarded an AMX Enzo Content Sharing Platform and the chance to be named a 2014 Innovation Awards Winner and $25,000 MSRP in AMX equipment.
- Auburn University
- Baylor University
- Charles Sturt University
- Coconino Community College
- Colorado School of Mines
- Drexel University
- Eastern Washington University
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam
- Georgia State University
- KU Leuven
- North East Surrey College of Technology
- Pratt Institute
- The Richard Stockton College of NJ
- Shenandoah University
- Temple University
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang
- University of East Anglia
- University of Essex
- University of Florida
- University of Glasgow
- University of Hawaii
- University of Idaho
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Minnesota
- University of Ottawa
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- Wake Forest University
The AMX Innovation Award winners will be announced June 16, 2014 during the UBTech Conference at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. The Awards Ceremony will be held in the Keynote Theater at 4:15pm PDT. Award finalists and winners will receive a combined total of over $185,000 of AMX equipment. Following the Innovations Awards, attendees at UBTech 2014 are invited to select the 2014 People's Choice Award winner by stopping by AMX Booth #201 on June 17. They will choose their favorite and most relevant solution from the remaining 24 finalists. The 2014 People's Choice Award Winner will be announced at the Closing Keynote Address on June 18 and will also be awarded an AMX HydraPort Architectural Connectivity Solution.
The Global Education Alliance and AMX invite all UBTech 2014 attendees to visit AMX Booth #201 for an opportunity to experience firsthand how AMX solutions are defining AV for an IT World for thousands of universities across the world.
- 2014 AMX Innovation Awards at UBTech, including more details on all 29 finalists
- AMX at UBTech 2014 and Registration Details
- See the Winners and Finalists of the 2013 AMX Innovation Awards
- Global Education Alliance Program Details