AMX FIRST IN INDUSTRY TO ENABLE COMPLETE CONTROL SYSTEM CONFIGURATION VIA TOUCH PANEL
Pre-Packaged Solution Enables Meeting Room Installations to be Completed in a Matter of Minutes
LAS VEGAS – June 18, 2008 – AMX® continues to simplify technology with its introduction of a new, pre-packaged solution that provides AMX dealers with the tools they need to sell, design and install complex meeting room systems. AMXmeetingroom™ simplifies set up and execution for faster installations, higher reliability and increased dealer profitability. This first-of-its-kind solution includes all functional system programming and can be fully operational within only a few minutes. AMX is demonstrating AMXmeetingroom in booth C2902 at InfoComm 2008, being held June 18 – 20 in Las Vegas.
"Imagine a system that is so complex in its simplicity, the only thing the integrator needs to do is answer a series of questions on an AMX Modero® Touch Panel about what their customer wants to do in their meeting room, and the system does the rest. With AMXmeetingroom, this vision is now a reality," said Robert Noble, AMX chief technology officer.
AMXmeetingroom eliminates the need to allocate expert programming resources, which are typically in high demand, to deploy traditional meeting room environments, because it generates a completely programmed and ready-to-use meeting room control solution in minutes – merely by answering simple questions on the Touch Panel configuration application. Once these questions are answered, AMXmeetingroom automatically configures the system, generates the program file, adds source device modules, loads the NetLinx® Integrated Controller, designs the user interface, loads the Modero Touch Panel and finishes with a screen that says, "Thank you. Your AMXmeetingroom is ready for use."
AMXmeetingroom will simplify the way AMX dealers do business by:
- Simplifying Sales Demonstrations. Demonstrations are made easy with a single touch panel demo file that simulates a complete control system. This enables AMX dealers to manage their customer's expectations by allowing them to see, feel and experience the system before it is installed.
- Simplified Source Selection. AMXmeetingroom is a fixed system that integrates exclusively with products from AMX Device Discovery partners' modules or any AMX IR Code Library device provided in the list on the touch panel.
- Simplifying Programming and Device Selection. The AMXmeetingroom configuration application walks the installer through a series of interview questions on the AMX Modero Touch Panel. Based on the answers to these questions, the configuration application automatically loads the appropriate code onto the NetLinx Integrated Controller.
- Simplifying Touch Panel User Interface Design. The solution dynamically generates the panel file with the appropriate number of source selection buttons and creates all source transport pages. The solution supports custom backgrounds and buttons plus company logos and room name headers.
- Simplifying Maintenance with MeetingManager®. AMXmeetingroom includes built-in support for AMX's popular MeetingManager software, which provides IT professionals, facility managers and meeting room users with a way to manage, monitor and/or schedule up to 1,000 rooms and 10,000 assets.
"AMXmeetingroom will transform the way the AMX dealer channel does business by enhancing the productivity of system designers and freeing up expert programmers to take on larger, more sophisticated custom projects. This will allow the dealer to generate additional revenue from more system sales," added Noble.
Any combination of the following Modero Touch Panels and NetLinx Controllers can be factory configured with AMXmeetingroom:
- 5.2" Modero ViewPoint Touch Panel (MVP-5200i)
- 8.4" Modero ViewPoint Touch Panel (MVP-8400i)
- 7" Modero Touch Panel with VoIP (NXD-700Vi)
- 10" Modero Touch Panel with VoIP (NXD-1000Vi)
- 12" Modero Touch Panel (NXT-1200VG and NXD-1200VG)
- 15" Modero Touch Panel (NXT-1500VG and NXD-1500VG)
NetLinx Integrated Controllers
Because AMXmeetingroom is preloaded, all the integrator needs to do is connect their selected NetLinx Controller and Modero Touch Panel to the network and configure the third-party devices on the touch panel. Most AMXmeetingroom installations will include two projectors or flat panel displays, video and audio conferencing equipment, several source devices